Vendor Vocabulary

“Cae-rett, koli-phlaver, inji, takkalli, penis!” went the hawker.

Carrots, cauliflower, ginger, tomatoes and… penis!

Housewives leaned out their windows enquiringly… while I craned my neck to spot the hawker in the milling crowd. There was only his voice, ringing loud and hearty.

Penis? He hawks penis? I was stumped for a moment.

And then he came into view, his pushcart, piled high with “Cae-rett, koli-phlaver, inji, takkalli, penis!”

There on a corner of his cart was a neat little mound of beans!

2 comments:

Yeshu said...

Ha ha ha......too cool machi! By the way what about the trek ...u cmin! Plz do come, Rabs will be out of station. I have called sriram as well. If you come he says he will. Plz cal me!

Rajesh Rajoo said...

machii, i did mail you saying i wouldn't be able to make it. :( read my mail doodie. but i will call you...