Being The Almighty

Perhaps it’s a bit like being a trapeze artiste, a conjuror and a juggler, and a... You’ll slash me for this, but I just thought of my math teacher back at school. It could also be a bit like being a con artiste, or maybe that should be a smart jack. Now I’ll explain the last bit, if you don’t mind. This isn't an original train of thought. It's an anecdote from a forwarded mail. The analogy is mine though. (May I claim it, please?)

There's this chappie talking to God, having a face to face.

"God, what’s a million years to you?"

"Barely a second" replies God.

"Hmmm," the man wonders. And then he asks, "What’s a million dollars to you?"

"A mere penny" reveals God indulgently.

Ah! I have Him, thought the chappie and then putting on his most innocent face asks God, "Can I have a penny?"

"Sure son! Just a second" comes God’s pat reply.

Now would that be tongue-in-cheek? You don’t think so? Maybe… You do agree that being God is also a bit like being a smart cookie, though? I wonder what else being God would entail. Perhaps you could tell me?

No comments: