I Resolve…

No, no, this isn’t the resolution thing. I’m muddled, see? Nevertheless, I’ve done the obligatory hemming and hawing before putting this up. Does that mean I’m becoming a level head finally? Nice start to the New Year though. Songs. Now I know I’m really way off mark with my incoherent babble, but if you’d bare me out for a moment, while I get my bearings right, I’ll sing you the whole Do, Re, Me…

This morning I woke up to “tujhe dekha to ye jaana sanam…” Why! I wanted to run to momma. To be a little boy again so I could throw a tantrum and get the dammed song erased from the planet. God! I know I sound rabidly opinionated. But that’s too sugary and syrupy a song, to put it mildly, to start the day, nee, the working year with.

I don’t know about you, but all those slapdash numbers from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge give me the urge to run away. I’m afraid to run away, though. What if I land up in a place with one record shop selling a million copies of just one record and that recorded is “tujhe dekha to ye jaana sanam…”? I shudder. I’m getting the flu just at the thought of it.

God forbid, the place I run away to might even play Boney M. Frightening numbers again. I’ve always wondered why anyone starting out on English pop music invariably buys Boney M. Baffles me. So this New Year my only honest wish is to never be anywhere near a woofer that sings any of the above and that eternal gooey-mushy thrash that is My Heart Will Go On!

So help me God! (You don’t listen to that up there in heaven do you?)

No comments: