That's Podcasting Dumbo!

Podcasting. Now doesn't that sound interesting? The word, I mean. It's caught on the world over. And I still haven't had my first podcasting experience. I never was this bright one when it came to anything more gimmicky than a comic book or a movie or an album even.

So true to my nature, I've been in the boondocks as far as podcasting is concerned. I went up to someone in office this morning and asked him what podcasting was. What he explained to me made eminent sense. He told me it's an audio or video blog. That sounded simple enough. And so I went back to my system, after bumming a pair of headphones from someone else and promptly found that my system was mute - no sound card. So much for my bravery in exposing my naivety.

Since then I've learnt that podcasting enables independent producers, which means you and I, to create syndicated shows! That’s fantastic! You and I can make our own shows. And what's in it for the listener or viewer? He can collect individual programs from a variety of sources for listening or viewing at his convenience. That's so unlike radio and TV.

Imagine, with podcasts, the programme is not broadcaster-specified! That's because streaming media files from the Internet removes time restriction. Tune into your favourite show whenever you like. Wonderfuller and wonderfuller, wouldn't you say? That's wonderland-like.


So now I know that podcasting is all about creating audio or video content for an audience that wants to listen when they want, where they want, and how they want (digital audio player or computer) to programmes or shows by independent producers. I like the idea very much. The possibilities are endless, don’t you think?

No comments: